In Service to our Mission, DEAW:
- Upholds dance education which includes: the elements of dance, improvisation, composition, historical and cultural context, aesthetics, criticism, technique, performance, production, and career paths.
- Promotes dance as a basic part of PreK-12 curriculum for all students.
- Incorporates dance as an essential element of classroom teacher professional development.
- Supports pedagogical training in dance degree programs in higher education.
- Cultivates partnerships among arts agencies and organizations, schools, studios, businesses, teaching artists, performers, choreographers, companies, educators, and dance professionals.
- Provides quality professional development opportunities including: workshops, seminars, and conferences.
- Fosters excellence in dance education through research, advocacy, and model programs.
- Champions dance values including: community, collaboration, critical thinking, creativity, perseverance, resilience, lineage, and learning in Washington State.